- 2/3 cup dried organic elderberries
- 4 cups filtered water
- 2 ceylon cinnamon sticks
- 5 organic whole cloves
- 2T organic ginger, cut and sifted
- 1 cup honey (raw and local is best)
- 2/3 cup organic raw apple cider vinegar
How to make elderberry syrup with echinacea
- Bring water to a boil in a medium sauce pan. Simmer berries and herbs or 30 minutes.
- Strain in a fine mesh strainer, with a cheesecloth or nut milk bag.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in the raw honey and add apple cider vinegar
- Pour into clean glass jar and refrigerate for up to 3 months.
For the Instant Pot
- Fill the IP pot to the 4c line
- Add in berries and herbs
- Manual high pressure for 10 minutes
- Natural pressure release & let cool to luke warm.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl. Use a spatula to push the liquid out.
- Add 1c of local raw honey and stir well.
- Pour into a jar and refrigerate. It will keep for 3-4 mos if stored in the back of your fridge.
You can find additional elderberry syrup making supplies on my Amazon storefront page here.