Elderberries are becoming trendy these days. Our beloved vintage remedy is finally going mainstream and getting a lot of notoriety from the big names in natural health: Dr. Axe, Dr. Oz, Medical Medium, Dr. Mark Hyman, Dr. Joseph Mercola and even our own Ohio Health hospital system!
Why all the buzz?
They are a super berry loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds known to reduce the occurrence of illness and disease. These are the top 4 health benefits of taking elderberry syrup daily:
- Strengthen Your Immune System. Elderberries contain incredible antiviral and antibacterial superpowers, loaded with vitamins A, B and C , potassium, copper, iron and phosphorous. Elderberries are known for their ability to protect the body from the common cold and reduce the duration and severity of the flu by HALF!
- Improve Heart Health. High levels of potassium in elderberries can decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease. Elderberries are a vasodilator helping to maintain healthy cholesterol and blood pressure levels, too!
- Anti-aging. Packing a punch with vitamins A, C and antioxidants, elderberries help prevent fine lines, wrinkles and age spots. Bioflavonids keep the skin looking radiant and healthy.
- Digestive aid. Elderberries are an amazing source of fiber helping to promote bowel movements and excrete toxins. Elderberries can also help to reduce flatulence and constipation. Healthy digestion = healthy brain function, too.
But let’s go beyond what the experts say. I find real customer stories absolutely fascinating. Our community recently shared these experiences and benefits with us:
- More manageable Multiple Sclerosis symptoms
- Normal bowel movements and urinary tract function associated with Chrons and IBS
- Fewer doctor’s visits and hospital stays from secondary respiratory illnesses
- Clear skin from cystic acne
- Less school sick days
- Quicker recovery from exercise strain
- Fewer allergic responses to the grass, tress and pollen
- Reduction in bloat and swelling in hands and legs
- Improved nerve pain
- Cleared sinuses
- Thinned post nasal mucous
- An easier time bending joints and stretching muscles with fewer annoyance
Some of them are unbelievable, right? Plants are powerful.
But think about this. If stress causes inflammation and inflammation is the leading cause of disease and illness, then consuming fruits (like elderberries), veggies and herbs well known for reducing inflammation could have massive impact for all sorts of issues, right?
Where have you seen elderberries or elderberry syrup most effective in your life?