Herb lovers all over the world know the power of plant-based remedies. This apothecary inspired recipe packs a punch and focuses on a variety of cold and flu symptoms that wreak havoc on our heads, throats, chests and body temperature.
If your body struggles during allergy season, this one is most definitely for you!
- 4c filtered water
- 1 cup organic dried elderberries
- 1/2c organic dried stinging nettles
- 10 organic cloves
- 2T organic dried ginger, cut and sifted.
- 2.5T organic dried yarrow
- 2T dried organic mullein
- 2 organic ceylon cinnamon sticks
- ⅓ cup raw honey or to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a medium sauce pan. Simmer berries, herbs, lemon juice and water for 30 minutes.
- Strain in a fine mesh strainer, with a cheesecloth or nut milk bag.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in the raw honey.
- Pour into clean glass jar and refrigerate for up to 3 months.
For the Instant Pot
- Fill the IP pot to the 4c line
- Add in berries and herbs
- Manual high pressure for 5 minutes
- Natural pressure release & let cool to luke warm.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl. Use a spatula to push the liquid out.
- Add 1c of local raw honey and stir well.
- Pour into a jar and refrigerate. It will keep for 3-4 mos if stored in the back of your fridge.
You can find additional elderberry syrup making supplies on my Amazon storefront page here.