Want to speed up how you make your elderberry syrup? Try the Instant Pot! The Instant Pot is the new age electric pressure cooker and all the rage in the world of busy moms all over the world. With a few clicks of a button, your elderberry syrup is perfectly brewed and ready to cool, strain, sweeten and bottle.
Making elderberry syrup in the Instant Pot is incredibly quick and easy for any recipe. I whipped up this quick video using my DIY Elderberry Syrup Kit; however, any recipe will use the same methodology. The steps are simple!
Need an elderberry syrup recipe? Check out my Ultimate Elderberry Syrup Collection blog post for a list of the 8 most popular on the market!
- Fill the IP pot with the amount of water required for your recipe.
- Add in berries and herbs
- Strain in a fine mesh strainer, with a cheesecloth or nut milk bag. The more you squeeze, the more liquid you yield!
- Cool to room temperature.
- Mix in your favorite sweetener like honey xylitol, stevia or erythritol
- Pour into clean glass jar and refrigerate for up to 3 months.
You can find additional elderberry syrup making supplies on my Amazon storefront page here.
Important notes: there are many recipes that suggest using a 5-7 minute timeframe on the high pressure setting. Because elderberries contain glucosides which can be toxic when consumed, I use a conservative 10 minute cook time to ensure that all glucosides are removed.