The impact of Sambucus nigra L. extract on inflammation, oxidative stress and tissue remodeling in a rat model of lipopolysaccharide‑induced subacute rhinosinusitis
- Rhinosinusitis is a simultaneous infection of the nasal mucosa and an infection of the mucosa of the paranasal sinuses
- Created a mouse model of sinonasal inflammation (rhinosinusitis) induced by LPS exposure
- S. nigra extract reduced local inflammation, maintained low levels of inflammatory response, maintained low levels of IL6, TNF, and IL1β (cytokines) and decreased levels of these cytokines in the lungs of the mice.
- S. nigra also regulated NK- B (What is the significance of this that makes it important for consumers?)
- These results suggest beneficial effect on subacute rhinosinusitis
Keywords: anti-inflammatory, cytokine response