The perfect drink to cool you down on a hot day on a tropical island. Made with fresh mint leaves and freshly squeezed lemons, this drink is both refreshing and invigorating. The mint adds a cooling sensation that’s perfect for hot and humid days, while the lemon adds a tart and sweet flavor that’s both delicious and thirst-quenching.
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Trisha’s Elderberries elderberry syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar or honey
- 6 cups water
- Ice cubes
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- Mint sprigs and lemon slices for garnish
- In a blender, puree the lemon juice, elderberry syrup, sugar or honey, and mint leaves.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a pitcher.
- Stir in the water until well combined.
- Fill glasses with ice and pour the mint lemonade over it.
- Garnish with mint sprigs and lemon slices.